Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Bachelor Finale Live Chat


Unable to watch the Bachelor together, we live chatted throughout the finale - see below for our thoughts and a brief glimpse into what might be for next season (Spoilers):

Wiz:
Are we both in agreement that Whitney is a given. Do you think it ends in engagement?

Milli: I think that he goes with Becca, because he's worried Whitney will say no. She's been the dark horse the whole way, and I think he likes her more than is portrayed on the show.

Milli: Also, Am I the only one who thinks Chris has a Lego head? 


Wiz: Do you think he proposes to Becca?
Milli: Chris Harrison looking snazzy in his pinstriped suit. And yes. I don't know if she'll say yes. The whole town fits in one camera shot. Those flyover states are depressing. Is Dubuque the nearest place Whitney could get a hotel? Google Maps puts it at an hour plus away!
Milli: Chris clearly likes Becca more, because they they're both boring.
Wiz: I think he's enchanted by her virginity.
Milli: Wait, super twist!




Milli: Do we know for a fact that Chris isn't a virgin?
Wiz: Yeah, he had sex with Kaitlyn and Whitney.
Milli: Good point. He could be a born again virgin (it's a thing).
Wiz: In the past week, unlikely.


Milli: Whitney brought wine and flowers. Becca brought grocery-store bought cookies. At least pretend you put some effort into the gift Becca.
Wiz: Ouch. That's not the way to win over the family. I thought the producers always gave them gifts to bring. Didn't realize they actually picked them out. How do the producers let her make that mistake?
Milli: Because they know Becca is the front-runner in Chris's mind. They need to even the odds in Whitney's favor, by turning the family against Becca.
Milli: Chris's hesitation is that he likes Becca more, essentially. Chris's and Becca's chemistry might be the most boring chemistry I've ever seen. It's kind of like when sugar and water interact. They kinda just dissolve together? That's romantic I guess.
Wiz: Are you in love? No. I'm thinking no proposal.
Milli: It's looking more and more like that's the case.


Wiz: Whitney's wine glass is way more full them anyone.
Milli: That's how I respond to meeting someone's family too!
Wiz: They love Whitney so much.
Milli: She's pretty and perky and drinks wine like a champ. What's not to love? Whitney's dad even did the creepy, "She's really beautiful" thing dads always do.
Wiz: Completely missed the point here - that she is in fact not drinking any wine, while everyone else drinks like a champ.
Milli: Oh, well I can't condone that. Well, she still seems to be saying all the right things to Chris's mom, so she'll be okay even if she's a teetotaler. "I've been waiting to call someone mom and dad" looks like it may make Chris's mom cry. Also, just wanted to pat myself on the back for my notes on my first impressions. I wrote Whitney "wants a baby in her". I've never wavered from that point. Great call on my part!
Wiz: A bit creepy though... I don't think I would say that to someone I have just met...

Wiz: They clearly hate Becca and they haven't even met her.
Milli: And after they've met her...
Wiz: She played that really poorly.
Milli: Making jokes about how tiny and awful their town is probably a bad play. Can't wait for Neil Lane, Diamond Train to show up later.
Wiz: That rock doe!
Milli: Does the Bachelor get Neil Lane's designer brand rings, or the crappy line he does for Kay's with rings starting under a grand?

Wiz: Becca with the "it's not you it's me", basically.
Milli: And Chris with the, "Just say you can't move to Iowa for me! No one ever will...", basically.
Becca, he doesn't want a LDR. He needs a wife. He's 33.

Wiz: Sigh. And Whitney is so fake.
Milli: I don't think so. She's doesn't seem fake. She truly, desperately wants to get married though, and it's 100% apparent.
Wiz: Do you think so? Idk, I'm kinda skeptical still.
Editor's Note: In hind sight I'm starting to buy her "realness" - also I forgot she was 29, I guess she may genuinely want to settle down.
Milli: I think so. She's just super perky. I don't think she's fake at all.
Wiz: I just feel like she's plan B.
Milli: To Chris yes. But that doesn't mean she's fake.
Wiz: I feel like she's forcing it.
Milli: I mean, she wants to get married and I think she's accepting something less than what she dreamed about growing up.But people do that all the time. Just married someone less than perfect because they're 29.

Milli: "I'm in the barn where I raised my first pig." And married my first one too! Zing! 
Wiz: His tie color matches Becca's dress.
Milli: Both a red velvet tie and a red velvet dress. Coincidence?
Wiz: Coincidence.
Milli: Do you think he proposes? Neil Lane did come by to show Chris rings.
Wiz: Rejecting Becca now.
Milli: And Whitney says yes, obviously. Let the two kids who are ready to get married get married. Wiz, any bets on how long this relationship will last?
Wiz: I feel like they are both settling.  Whitney was Chris's clear second choice.  Iowa is clearly Whitney's second choice.  I predict success though, due primarily to their ages.  They won't want to do this for two years and then give up at 35/31.  I predict wedding in 12 months, baby in 21 months, I think Whitney has the itch.  

Milli: Final question: What do you think about having two Bachelorettes? Any idea on how that will even work?

Wiz: There is a precedent here.  I think after a few weeks the guys will vote one of the women home, maybe even after the first week? Alternative question: What would be the most entertaining way they could do this?  I'm thinking some sort of fantasy style keeper league.  Each week they re-draft the men into their dates.  Each week they can label 2-3 as "keepers" and then the remaining men enter a re-draft/rose ceremony with unpicked guys going home.  How awesome would that be.  The drama as to steeling each others men, men demanding to not be "kept".  It'd be like NFL and Franchise Tagging.  Yeah, its awesome that you're guaranteed to stay another week, but you aren't being given the opportunity to test the open market.  Thoughts?
Milli: Man, that's all definitely room for thought. I thought a snake draft of first group of men, with the show breaking off into two separate mini seasons of the Bachelorette, would be the way they're going. Maybe incorporate a steal or two per girl, so they can snag back someone from the other girl just as she's starting to make a connection with them. Anyway, food for another article. Stayed tuned for Milli and Wiz Discuss How to Incorporate Fantasy Sports into the Bachelorette.

No comments:

Post a Comment